Security vulnerabilities are inevitable but one can avoid them by securing applications. In this article, we are listing 5 popular WordPress security solution providers who also offer free SSL certificates.
Security plays a vital role in software application development. Today, we have many open source/proprietary software available on the internet to develop an application. Open-source software is vulnerable to hacking. Not only open source software but proprietary software are also vulnerable to hackers.
Both proprietary software companies and companies using open source software fix bugs ASAP to retain their customer base and release patches immediately. However, while proprietary software does not allow third-party libraries, you can use a third-party library in open-source software. This is where hackers gain access to open-source applications.
WordPress is one of the most popular open-source CMS (Content Management System) software. Every developer and end-user love to use WordPress. However, WordPress has many security vulnerabilities. Hackers gain access to WordPress mostly through WordPress plugins and themes because not all WordPress plugins and themes are secure to use.
So you must pay attention to security problems. Therefore, we are going to learn about WordPress Security Solutions in this article.
What is SSL?
SSL is used to transmit data securely from the client to the server. SSL stands for secure sockets layer.
Say, for example, you are selling some items on your website. A client adds it to their cart and tries to pay using their credit/debit card. They will enter the credit/debit card information in the text field present on the website.
If you are not using SSL, the information entered in the text field is visible to hackers trying to hack your website. If you use SSL, the credit card details are encrypted on the client-side and decrypted later on the server-side using the private key of the SSL certificate.
By using SSL, you can securely transmit user data from the client device to the server. SSL is nothing but HTTPS. If you install SSL, you will get HTTPS in the browser. The following image shows the SSL installed for the website.
A website without SSL will look like this:
Search engines give priority to SSL-installed websites. So having an SSL increases your presence in SEO as well. Google enforces SSL for SEO optimization.
In this article, we are listing 5 popular WordPress security solution providers who also offer free SSL Certificates.
Strattic offers us a fast, secure, and scalable WordPress static site. How Strattic works is that it disconnects your live website from WordPress and generates a static site. Strattic offers better performance for enterprises and up to 50x faster under load by generating static sites.
Yes, you heard it right. It is a static site. It converts your WordPress website into a static site, providing ultimate speed and security. Popular companies that use Strattic include Payoneer, Resident, HoneyBook, OCHA, Sony, Big Orange Heart, and Coralogix.
- Free 30-day trial to test the static site performance.
- Fast, highly secure CDN for a static site.
- Mitigate DDoS attacks.
- Free AWS SSL certificates.
- Price starts at USD 45 per month.
- Get two months free with the annual plan.
- Unlimited bandwidth and storage.
BlueHost is a very popular and known player in the hosting industry. They offer various solutions such as shared hosting, cloud hosting, dedicated hosting, VPS hosting, reseller hosting, and WordPress hosting.
BlueHost’s prices are very low, and they offer more service at the same price than competitors. They also give more security solutions for WordPress sites, provide good customer service, and keep more documentation to understand the process and problems.
- Free domain for one year.
- Free SSL certificates.
- 1-Click WordPress installs.
- Price starts at USD 2.75 per month.
- Enhanced cPanel.
- 30-day money-back guarantee.
Hostinger offers us the same service as BlueHost. Starting in 2004, they now service 29 million users from 179 countries. They offer optimized, fast, secure, and scalable WordPress hosting, all on a user-friendly interface. Their service also includes Cloudflare DNS Firewall protection against unwanted and brute-force attacks.
- Free domain for one year, including many extensions like com, in, net, tech, store, shot, etc.
- Free SSL certificate with Let’s Encrypt SSL.
- Fast and seamless WordPress installation.
- The price starts at USD 2.99 per month.
- 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Free Google Ad credit.
- Unlimited bandwidth and 100 GB or unlimited SSD storage.
HostGator is another web hosting solution provider based in Houston, Texas, United States. They offer shared hosting, AI web builder, WordPress hosting, VPS hosting, and dedicated hosting. They also have video tutorials and live chat tech support so you can better understand the hosting services.
- Free domain with a 12-month purchase plan.
- Free SSL certificate (Comodo SSL certificate). It uses strong 2048 bit signatures and provides up to 256-bit encryption.
- 1-click WordPress installation.
- Price starts at USD 2.64 per month.
- 45-day money-back guarantee.
- Free 100 USD for Google AdWords.
- Unlimited storage and bandwidth.
Started in 1997, DreamHost provides quality web hosting. They aim to provide quality web hosting at a low price. Like other web-hosting services, DreamHost offers shared hosting, cloud hosting, dedicated hosting, and VPS hosting.
- Free domain for one year, only for those who purchase a minimum one-year plan.
- Free SSL certificate
- Pre-installed WordPress.
- Price starts at USD 2.59 per month.
- 97-day money-back guarantee.
- Unlimited email and bandwidth.
- Automated backups and SSD hard disk.
- Free domain privacy and free automated WordPress migrations using plugins.
We must secure websites to gain the trust of the users. If a website is hacked or compromised in any way, user information is distributed on the dark web. Many popular web applications are hacked. Security vulnerabilities are inevitable however, we can avoid them by securing applications. Many hosting providers are trying their best to improve security.
This article compares various web hosting providers and their benefits. You can choose the hosting provider based on your requirement by comparing what they offer.
Did you enjoy reading this article? Like our page on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.